When the kids look for indoor fun activities, slime seems to be one of the best options to play indoor with and it is also pleasing for parents because indulging in such playful and creative activities keep the children from excessive usage of mobile phones.Do you know how to get slime out of the carpet?
Since it is very harmful to children to spend enormous time on gaming and mobile phones unnecessarily.
This is one of the famous activities among the children over the years. As slime is a sticky toy material that consists of non-toxic and viscous colored material made up of Guar gum.
Slime is popular just because of the sensory activity since it is satisfying to watch slime turning from a solid to a liquid and vice versa.
It is fun to play with the sticky and gooey slime, but when it sticks to the carpet, all the play turns into tremendous hard work.
In this article, we present you with all the best ways to get slime out of the carpet, which is the biggest concern among parents nowadays.
Your concern is ours to resolve since we are enlisting the easiest ways to get slime out of the carpet without causing any harm or damage to the carpet.
Tools Required for Implementing the Easiest Ways to Get Slime of Carpet
Apart from the basic methods that you can follow to get slime out of the carpet, you would also need to have some of the tools in your hand that will help you in cleaning your carpet more easily and quickly.
Here are the tools enlisted that you should get ready to get slime out of the carpet:
- Scraping tool
- Scrubbing brush
- Bucket of water
- Dry cloth
Easiest ways to Get Slime out of Carpet
We have mentioned all the materials required along with the tools that you will need in order to get slime out of the carpet in an easy and totally accessible manner without much hard work! Cool, isn’t it?
Here you go with the detailed description of every method we found after extensive research that is used alternatively to solve the problem regarding how to get slime out of the carpet!
Relate Post: How to Get Coffee Stains out of Carpet?
Methods 1: Get Slime Out of the Carpet with Hot Water and Scraper?
Slime basically is not a water-soluble material that means washing with water alone will not work for you.
So here is the solution to the issue that you can better use a scraper in order to get the slime out of the carpet in the following simple steps:
- Start scraping the dried slime out of the carpet repeatedly until it is removed.
- Wash the carpet with plain hot water afterward.
- Clean the carpet with a vacuum cleaner for drying and adding beautiful finishing.
Methods 2: Get Slime out of the Carpet with Club Soda
Club soda primarily is comprised of carbonic acid which acts as a mild cleaning agent and thus retains a high potential to get slime out of the carpet.
You need to simply follow the below mentioned steps depicting another easiest way to get slime out of carpet:
- Firstly, you need to scrap the slime threads out of the carpet with great caution by using a scraper tool to remove the slime from the carpet.
- Then you have to make a spray of club soda by adding about 3 cups of club soda in water in a bottle, preferably with a nozzle or hole through which you can spray the club soda onto the stains of slime resting on the carpet.
- Wait for at least five minutes, and then use a clean piece of cloth to dry the area by moderate blotting.
Here you have retrieved the fresh look of your carpet again without any slime spots!
Well, the interesting fact is that this very same method can also be applied to remove slime from clothes and other fabrics including blankets as well as mattresses.
Method 3: Get Slime Out of Carpet with Alcohol
Amongst the distinct types of alcohol used for vast purposes, you got to choose to rub alcohol also known as Isopropyl alcohol scientifically.
Apart from being used for cleaning and sparkling silver jewelry, rubbing alcohol also provides us with incredible results in order to get slime out of the carpet.
Here are the steps mentioned to get slime out of carpet with rubbing alcohol:
- First of all, you need to scrape the dried slime from the carpet by using a sharp scraper.
- After removing the scraps by either vacuum cleaner or hands, take a sponge and drench it in rubbing alcohol.
- Now start blotting the stain with a sponge wet with rubbing alcohol with great caution.
- Clean the sponge and again blot the stain with the sponge wet with rubbing alcohol until you become successful to get slime out of the carpet completely without any stains left.
- Leave the affected spot of the carpet for a few hours to get air-dried or else you can also use a vacuum cleaner to make the carpet as fresh as new.
However, proper precautionary measures are essential to be taken while applying this method in order to remove slime from the carpet if you want to prevent your carpet backing from any sort of damage.
Method 4: Get Slime out of the Carpet With Vinegar and Baking Soda
Vinegar and baking soda are considered some of the most ancient and effective cleansing agents because of their oxidative properties.
Vinegar contains acetic acid that proves to play such an essential role in cutting out the stains and greasy spots and when it gets combined with the oxidative properties of baking soda, excellent results have been observed.
- Firstly you have to scrape out the slime pieces with the help of a scraper carefully.
- Remove the scraped-out slime preferably through vacuum cleaner unless you get the dried slime out of the carpet completely.
- Then take the baking soda approximately in half ratio to that vinegar and sprinkle it directly on the carpet stain.
- Fill a spray bottle with vinegar and spray it onto the affected area of the carpet where you had first sprinkled baking soda.
- Wait at least five minutes and then use a clean sponge for blotting out the stain.
- Repeat blotting the stain with a clean sponge until your carpet gets stain-free.
- In the End, simply dry the area by dabbing with a clean piece of cloth or you may also use the vacuum cleaner.
Finally, you got successful in implementing this one of the easiest ways to get slime out of the carpet, and not only this, but your carpet has also become shinier and brighter than before!
Method 5: Get Slime out of Carpet with Liquid Dish Soap
The use of liquid dish soap is not only limited to get your crockery cleaned but also to a whole wide variety of tasks ranging from killing wasps to cleaning clothes and even carpet.
Well, the plus point to memorize this method is that it can be used to get slime out of hair in addition to your carpet, and you will surely get exceptional outcomes without any need to cut your beautiful hair.
Just follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, you have to scrape out the slime from the carpet and remove the scraps with help of a vacuum cleaner.
- Then put a mixture of liquid dishwasher soap and water in a spray bottle.
- Keep sprinkling the mixture of liquid dishwasher soap and water onto the stain until the carpet spot gets completely cleaned.
- In the last, you would need to dry out the affected area with a clean piece of cloth, or else you may also use a vacuum cleaner for the final finishing.
So, now you must be aware with how to get slime out of carpet with liquid dish washer soap!
Related Post: How to Get Mold Out of Carpet?
Method 6: Get Slime out of the Carpet with Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide has been widely used as a cleaning agent for a large variety of household items particularly including clothes, wood, and countertops.
Slime gets dissolved into smaller pieces with the help of hydrogen peroxide due to which further facilitates the removal of slime from the affected area of the carpet.
But one of the major limitations this method has is that it can be majorly used for only light-colored carpets since hydrogen peroxide may act as a bleaching agent and may cause damage to the colors and texture of carpets and clothes.
The steps of easiest method to get slime out of carpet is mentioned are mentioned in the following:
- As usual, the first and foremost step is to start with scraping away big pieces of slime followed by cleaning slime pieces with the help of a vacuum cleaner.
- Then mix the hydrogen peroxide and water in a spray bottle and sprinkle it directly onto the stain until it gets wet thoroughly.
- Wait for almost 5 minutes and then start blotting the affected area of the carpet with a clean sponge.
- Keep repeating the blotting unless the area becomes spot-free and cleaner.
- Finally, dry out the affected area with a clean piece of cloth.
Method 7: Get Slime out of the Carpet with Citrus Solvent
The citrus solvent is deemed as a highly powerful cleansing agent and another benefit of using a citrus solvent is that they are safe to use on fabrics and carpets.
However, it must also be noted that great precautionary measures need to be taken prior to utilize this method and you must wear hand gloves before applying this method.
Here are the steps mentioned required to be followed in order to get slime out of carpet with citrus solvent:
- Scrap out the dried slime out of the carpet carefully and then remove the scraped pieces of slime with the help of a vacuum cleaner.
- Wear hand gloves and apply the undiluted citrus solvent solution onto the affected area of the carpet with the help of a clean sponge.
- Repeat the sponge cleaning step until the stain is fully removed from the carpet.
- Wait for a few minutes and start blotting the affected area with another clean sponge soaked in warm water.
- In the last, dry out the carpet area with a clean piece of cloth or may also use a vacuum cleaner for a better appearance.
Summing up the detailed and quite extensively researched easiest ways to get slime out of carpet, we have mentioned the materials required as well as the procedure to be followed.
It is totally up to your choice and of course, the availability of things that would lead you to any one of the above-mentioned easiest ways to get slime out of the carpet.
All of us want that our kids to stay happy and occupied, except than that for restrictions that may spoil their time and intentions.
All the above-mentioned methods will help us to get slime out of the carpet or even some of them are easily applicable for removing the slime from clothes and other articles of fabrics as well.
Now, you do not need to worry regarding your children’s indoor playing habits and let them enjoy playing with slime and become more creative and active without carrying the headache of sticky slime cleansing out of carpets and clothes and even if it sticks to their hair accidentally, you know the solution!